Grade 10–11 IEB-aligned
Preparing for your National Senior Certificate!
Brainline IEB-aligned for Grade 10–11 provides a student with the opportunity to control how, when and where he/she studies as well as access to unique resources he/she needs to have the best learning experience. Dynamic additional support and a compliant assessment programme empower students, equipping them with the skills required to advance to the NSC.
Is Brainline IEB-aligned for Grade 10–11 the right product for you?
This is ideal for a student who wants to:
Follow a structured learning programme based on the IEB requirements, in the comfort of their own home.
Comply with the legal requirements.
Receive academic support and guidelines from Brainline throughout the year.
Complete scheduled tasks, tests and examinations.
Have all assessments marked by experienced subject specialists.
Receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
Receive a valid academic record, that is a prerequisite for admission to Grade 12.
Not what you are looking for?
We have worked out an easy quiz to help you navigate which of our products will serve you the best.
January | brainONLINE available
February | Cycle 1 Task submissions
March | Cycle 1 Test Series
April | Recess
May | Cycle 2 Task submissions
June | Cycle 2 Test Series
July | Recess
August | Cycle 3 Task submissions
September | Cycle 3 Test Series
October | Revise the year’s work.
November | Cycle 4 Examination Series
December | Recess
To qualify for a National Senior Certificate, a learner should complete 7 subjects: one Home Language, an Additional Language, Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy, Life Orientation, and a minimum of 3 NSC approved subjects.
- Afrikaans Huistaal
- Afrikaans Eerste Addisionele Taal
- English Home Language
- English First Additional Language
*You need to attend a compulsory scheduled oral session in Grade 12 at one of our five branches.
- Physical Sciences*
- Life Sciences**
- Agricultural Sciences***
*Mathematics is compulsory.
**Compulsory practical examinations in Grade 12 at a designated Brainline branch. Additional fees apply.
***Life Sciences is recommended.
- Business Studies
- Consumer Studies
*Mathematics is highly recommended.
- Mathematical Literacy
*The student must have access to his/her instrument, must have passed at least Grade 2 theory and practical from an accredited examination board, and must be receiving private lessons that focus on (at least) Grade 3 theory and practice.
- Grade 10: Passed Grade 2, busy with Grade 3 to complete at the end of Grade 10 (Practical & theory.)
- Grade 11: Passed Grade 3, busy with Grade 4 to complete at the end of Grade 11 (Practical & theory.)
Engineering and Computer Sciences
- Engineering Graphics and Design*
- Computer Applications Technology**
- ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY – Digital Electronics (Grade 10 only)***
- ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY – Electronics (Grade 10 only)***
*Additional software required: TurboCAD 21 Deluxe. An A3 printer is required.
**Requires the full professional version of Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Microsoft Office 365 containing these full versions will also be accepted. Compulsory practical examination in Grade 12 at a Brainline branch.
***Requires Mathematics, Physical Sciences and Engineering Graphics and Design are compulsory subjects.
Culture and Arts
- Dramatic Arts*
- Visual Arts**
*Compulsory practical examinations in Grade 12 at a designated Brainline branch. Additional fees apply.
**First-time students of Visual Arts are required to submit a portfolio of work as prescribed by Brainline.
- Life Orientation
A pass result for the previous grade.
Tests and examinations are made available according to the prescribed assessment schedule and accessed with a unique password.
Students complete the assessments under the supervision of an independent invigilator who is registered at Brainline by the student.
Enrolment is open throughout the year. All assessments scheduled for a date after enrolment must be completed, and depending on the subject requirements some assessments scheduled for earlier in the year may be compulsory as well.
One academic year per grade.
Choose one Home Language, one First Additional Language, Life Orientation, and either Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy. Then choose three additional subjects from the extensive Brainline offering.
Brainline is proud to include the accredited brainMATHS Study Programme, which offers students a unique opportunity to grasp this important subject, with this IEB-aligned product.
Prescribed content for other subjects is available for purchase either as ebooks via your personal ebook library or as hard copies. These approved textbooks from renowned publishing houses have been specially selected to best assist students to excel.
Additional unique resources are continuously developed by subject specialists and are added to brainONLINE for students to utilise. These include:
- tutorial and examination preparation videos,
- PowerPoint presentations,
- additional subject notes, and
UNIQUE TO BRAINLINE!
Marking guidelines are provided post-assessment on brainONLINE for all assessments and core subjects. These are complemented by detailed video discussions conducted by subject specialists.
Students need to visit brainONLINE at least once a week to stay up-to-date with new dynamic content and resources.
Assessments are made available on brainONLINE. This is where we communicate with you, and where you download and upload all your child’s completed assessment items.
Tasks, tests and examinations are completed according to a fixed assessment schedule. Test and examinations are accessed via a unique password issued on the day of assessment. Supervision by an independent invigilator is highly recommended while your child completes these assessments in the comfort of your own home.
All assessments are completed according to a fixed schedule that is available on brainONLINE from the beginning of the year.
Marking of all assessments by experienced subject specialists is included in the product price.
You, the parent/guardian, are responsible for submitting all completed assessments within the allowed timeframes.
The assessment takes place on brainONLINE. This is where we communicate with students, and where assessments downloaded and are uploaded once completed. Feedback on assessments and communication from Subject Heads are also accessed on brainONLINE.
Assessment items include tasks, oral assignments, tests and examinations, and may include Practical Assessment Tasks and practical examinations, depending on the subject requirements.
40%+ for a Home Language and two other subjects
30%+ for three other subjects
A student may have less than 30% in one subject in order to pass.
- Source your child’s/ students own study material.
- Complete the IEB-aligned portfolio in your own time at your own pace.
- Don’t want to be bound by timelines and set schedules.
- Don’t necessarily have regular internet access.
- No classes.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- The option of obtaining a Brainline report.
- Follow a structured learning programme, based on the IEB requirements, in the comfort of your own home.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- Receive academic support and guidelines from Brainline throughout the year.
- Daily and/or weekly virtual classes by qualified teachers.
- Complete scheduled tasks, tests and examinations.
- Tests and examinations to be marked by experienced subject specialists.
- Receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
- Receive a valid academic record, that is a prerequisite for admission to Grade 12.
- work towards your NSC when you over the age of 18
- complete Grade 10 and 11 in one year.
- have enough time to dedicate towards your studies so that you can master the full curriculum in one year.
- Quarterly virtual classes by qualified teachers.
- Continue with Grade 12 through Brainline the following year.
- are employed either part- or full-time and want to work toward your NSC find this product ideal.
Single subjects – R 4700
- Fulfil the requirements to pass Grade 10 or 11 by completing less than 7 subjects.
- Add one or more additional subjects to their existing academic portfolio.
- Improve on marks previously obtained for a subject.
Printed hard copies can be purchased from Credobooks
Please note that Credobooks is currently unable to deliver the printed hard copies due to the national lockdown; however, Brainline has turn-key online ebook solution for our clients. No need to wait for your hardcopy books. Order the ebooks online during registration.
The Brainline eReader
Navigate chapters. View content. Print what you need.
The Brainline eReader is our unique eBook viewer, designed in-house, where our students can access their textbooks in one convenient place.*
The Brainline eReader (which delivers all the study material) works with Windows 7 or above, and is also Mac compatible. It is currently not compatible with Android, iOS or other mobile devices.
You will need the following hardware and software:
- Licensed, updated Windows 7 or above (Windows XP is not supported).
- Also Mac-compatible.
- A word processing application.
- A webcam and a microphone, and the necessary software to record with these.
- A printer and scanner (You will need access to an A3 printer and scanner with EGD Grade 10 - 12, i.e. postnet)
A stable internet connection is required to download updates for the Brainline eReader and other software, as well as to download and upload assessments on brainONLINE.
- We highly recommend that you make use of a broadband internet connection.
- A minimum of 5 GB is required per month for uploads/downloads and content. Another 20 - 50 GB is recommended for streaming and downloading Cloud school classes.
- The Brainline eReader must be connected to the internet at least once every 29 days for license authentication.
Bringing the classroom to life
Virtual classes become a reality with Brainline.
- Engage in weekly bilingual online classes, presented by qualified teachers via video communication technologies.
- The virtual classes are complimentary and an added resource to the set curriculum, at no extra cost to the learner
- Revolutionary home education for today’s learners accommodating the digital age through technology
- Learner-centred teaching hub, focusing on teaching and facilitation
- Online classes that break down the invisible walls of traditional teaching presenting the curriculum in innovative ways
- All classes are recorded and made available for later viewing.
Brainline has over 30 years of passionate experience in distance education.
Brainline strives to be an innovative, quality-driven e-learning distance education institution. Celebrating 30 years in 2020, we continue to do what we love — enabling more and more learners to achieve their National Senior Certificate through innovative distance education solutions.
We have many insightful articles regarding distance learning
Do you have any unanswered questions?
Let us know by filling in the contact form and one of our team members will get back to you.