Fast-track your progress towards achieving your NSC!
COMPACT is an exclusive Brainline interwoven Grade 10 and 11 curriculum that delivers core content in one academic year accommodating time constraints, and preparing a student for Grade 12 at Brainline in the following year.
Parent guidance required
Online classes available 24/7
Structured tasks and deadlines
This learning plan is ideal if you...
Are over the age of 18 and want to work towards your NSC.
Would like to complete Grade 10 and 11 in one year.
Have enough time to dedicate towards your studies so that you can master the full curriculum in one year.
Would like to continue with Grade 12 through Brainline the following year.
Are employed and want to work toward your NSC.
Follow a structured learning programme, based on the IEB requirements, in the comfort of your own home
Comply with legal requirements
Receive academic support and guidelines throughout the year
Daily/weekly virtual classes by qualified teachers
Complete scheduled tasks, tests and exams
Tests and exams to be marked by experienced subject specialists
Receive continuous reporting and feedback
Receive a valid academic record – a prerequisite for admission to Grade 12
- Full product (Phase 1 and 2) (eBooks can be bought separately.)
- Includes portfolio and examination
- Source your own study material
- Complete the IEB-aligned portfolio in your own time at your own pace
- Not bound by timelines and set schedules
- Regular internet access not required
- No classes
- Comply with legal requirements
- Option of obtaining a Brainline report
- Fulfil the requirements to pass Grade 10 or 11 by completing less than 7 subjects
- Add one or more additional subjects to your academic portfolio
- Improve marks previously obtained for a subject
From R31 850/ Year
From R15 000/ Year
Summary of product
Candidates must be over the age of 18.
With the exception of certain subjects/particular assessments, tests and exams are completed and invigilated online.
Enrolments for the full product (7 subjects) close end of March.
DID YOU KNOW:
Thereafter enrolments for COMPACT for single subjects are available.
BrainlineCOMPACT is completed in one year.
The course is divided into two phases that conclude in June and in November.
January | Phase 1 starts
June | Phase 1 Examination
July | Phase 2 starts
November | Phase 2 Examination
- Enrol at www.mybrainline.com.
- We create a Microsoft 365 Student account for each learner, which they can access by visiting https://office.microsoft.com. These accounts will be activated within 24 hours of receiving the Brainline welcome email, sent upon enrolment approval.
The Brainline learner will use his/her unique Microsoft credentials to log in to Snapplify at https://brainline.snapplify.com/overview where they can purchase their digital books.
- Download the list of prescribed and recommend books for the year from: https://brainline.com/booklist/.
- Go to: https://brainline.snapplify.com/overview and log in with Microsoft, using the learner’s unique account details that we provide upon enrolment.
- Navigate to the shop and purchase each book in accordance with the list you downloaded in Step 1 that is relevant to your child.
Note: Purchased books are automatically loaded to the Snapplify Reader and must be accessed there.
- Go to https://getsnapplify.com/ and select your device type. Download the application/installer and install it on your device.
- Open the application and log in with your child’s username and password (created in Step 2).
- In the application, you will see the items you have purchased available for download.
- Once you have downloaded the books, you can access the learner’s study material.
If you need any assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subjects we offer
Click on individual subjects to view the requirements
Culture and Arts
Engineering and Computer Sciences
Overview of product
Content is available as the compliant brainMATHS Study Programme and as CAPS/IEB-aligned approved resources from well-known publishing houses.
The exclusive Brainline interweaved Grade 10 and 11 curriculum delivers core content despite time constraints.
As the content is interwoven, writing both the Phase 1 June and Phase 2 November examinations are compulsory.
A continuously updated Statement of Results is always accessible, and a final Brainline report is provided at the end of the academic year.
For more information and a full breakdown of our products
Fill in your details below to download the product brochure
Thank you, please click on the button to download the brochure.
Let’s find the right product for you!
We have created this quick quiz to help you navigate to the right product for you.
Brainline has over 35 years of experience in education
Brainline strives to be an innovative, quality-driven e-learning distance education institution. Every day, we continue to do what we love — enabling more and more learners to achieve their National Senior Certificate through innovative distance education solutions.
Enrol for 2023
Do you have any unanswered questions?
Let us know by filling in the contact form and one of our team members will get back to you.