Grade 10–11 BRAINLINECompact
Fast-track your progress towards achieving your NSC!
BrainlineCOMPACT is an exclusive Brainline interwoven Grade 10 and 11 curriculum that delivers core content in one academic year accommodating time constraints, preparing a student for Grade 12 in the following year.
Is BrainlineCOMPACT the right product for you?
This is ideal for you if you:
Are over the age of 18 and want to work towards your NSC.
Would like to complete Grade 10 and 11 in one year.
Have enough time to dedicate towards your studies so that you can master the full curriculum in one year.
Would like to continue with Grade 12 through Brainline the following year.
Are employed either part- or full-time and want to work toward your NSC find this product ideal.
Not what you are looking for?
We have worked out an easy quiz to help you navigate which of our products will serve you the best.
January | Phase 1 starts
June | Phase 1 Examination
July | Phase 2 starts
November | Phase 2 Examination
To qualify for a National Senior Certificate, a learner should complete 7 subjects: one Home Language, an Additional Language, Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy, Life Orientation, and a minimum of 3 NSC approved subjects.
- Afrikaans Huistaal
- Afrikaans Eerste Addisionele Taal
- English Home Language
- English First Additional Language
*You need to attend a compulsory scheduled oral session in Grade 12 at one of our five branches.
- Physical Sciences*
- Life Sciences**
- Agricultural Sciences***
*Mathematics is compulsory.
**Compulsory practical examinations in Grade 12 at a designated Brainline branch. Additional fees apply.
***Life Sciences is recommended.
- Business Studies
- Consumer Studies
*Mathematics is highly recommended.
- Mathematical Literacy
- Life Orientation
Engineering Graphics and Design
- Engineering Graphics and Design*
- Computer Applications Technology**
- ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY – Digital Electronics (Grade 10 only)
- ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY – Electronics (Grade 10 only)
*Additional software required: TurboCAD 21 Deluxe. An A3 printer is required.
*Requires the full professional version of Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Microsoft Office 365 containing these full versions will also be accepted. Compulsory practical examination in Grade 12 at a Brainline branch.
Ideal for candidates over the age of 18.
BrainlineCOMPACT is completed in one year. The course is divided into two phases that conclude in June and in November.
Supervision by an independent invigilator, registered with Brainline by the student, is required during some assessments and all examinations.
Enrolments for the full product (7 subjects) closes end of March.
DID YOU KNOW:
Thereafter enrolments for BrainlineCOMPACT for single subjects are available.
Content is available as the compliant brainMATHS Study Programme and as CAPS/IEB-aligned approved resources from well-known publishing houses. The exclusive Brainline interweaved Grade 10 and 11 curriculum delivers core content despite time constraints.
As the content is interwoven, writing both the Phase 1 June and Phase 2 November examinations are compulsory.
A BrainlineCOMPACT progress report is issued after each phase examination.
- Follow a structured learning programme, based on the IEB requirements, in the comfort of your own home.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- Receive academic support and guidelines from Brainline throughout the year.
- Daily and/ or weekly virtual classes by qualified teachers.
- Complete scheduled tasks, tests and examinations.
- Tests and examinations to be marked by experienced subject specialists.
- Receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
- receive a valid academic record, that is a prerequisite for admission to Grade 12.
- Full product (Phase 1 and 2) (eBooks can be bought separately.)
- Includes portfolio and examination
- Source your child’s/ students own study material.
- Complete the IEB-aligned portfolio in your own time at your own pace.
- Don’t want to be bound by timelines and set schedules.
- Don’t necessarily have regular internet access.
- No classes.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- Option of obtaining a Brainline report.
Single subjects – R 4700
- Fulfil the requirements to pass Grade 10 or 11 by completing less than 7 subjects.
- Add one or more additional subjects to their existing academic portfolio.
- Improve on marks previously obtained for a subject.
Printed hard copies can be purchased from Credobooks or Protea Bookshop
Please note: Not all study material is available in hard copy format.
E-books can be purchased from snapplify.com
Until the end of 2020, Snapplify is offering free access to educational material.
How to access your study material
The Snapplify Reader is the application where you can access your ebook study material. Follow these steps to access your study material:
- Download the list of prescribed and recommend books for the year: https://brainline.com/booklist/.
- Go to https://www.snapplify.com/ and create an account for each learner.
- Navigate to the shop and purchase each book in accordance with the list you downloaded in Step 1 that is relevant to your child.
Note: Purchased books are automatically loaded to the Snapplify Reader and must be accessed there.
- Go to https://getsnapplify.com/ and select your device type. Download the application/installer and install it on your device.
- Open the application and log in with your child’s username and password (created in Step 2).
- In the application, you will see the items you have purchased available for download.
- Once you have downloaded the books, you can access the learner's study material.
If you need any assistance, please send an email to email@example.com.
Brainline has over 30 years of passionate experience in distance education.
Brainline strives to be an innovative, quality-driven e-learning distance education institution. Celebrating 30 years in 2020, we continue to do what we love — enabling more and more learners to achieve their National Senior Certificate through innovative distance education solutions.
We have many insightful articles regarding distance learning
Do you have any unanswered questions?
Let us know by filling in the contact form and one of our team members will get back to you.