Grade 10–11 BRAINLINECompact
Fast-track your progress towards achieving your NSC!
BrainlineCOMPACT is an exclusive Brainline interwoven Grade 10 and 11 curriculum that delivers core content in one academic year accommodating time constraints, preparing a student for Grade 12 in the following year.
Is BrainlineCOMPACT the right product for you?
This is ideal for you if you:
Are over the age of 18 and want to work towards your NSC.
Would like to complete Grade 10 and 11 in one year.
Have enough time to dedicate towards your studies so that you can master the full curriculum in one year.
Would like to continue with Grade 12 through Brainline the following year.
Are employed either part- or full-time and want to work toward your NSC find this product ideal.
Not what you are looking for?
We have worked out an easy quiz to help you navigate which of our products will serve you the best.
January | Phase 1 starts
June | Phase 1 Examination
July | Phase 2 starts
November | Phase 2 Examination
To qualify for a National Senior Certificate, a learner should complete 7 subjects: one Home Language, an Additional Language, Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy, Life Orientation, and a minimum of 3 NSC approved subjects.
- Afrikaans Huistaal
- Afrikaans Eerste Addisionele Taal
- English Home Language
- English First Additional Language
*You need to attend a compulsory scheduled oral session in Grade 12 at one of our five branches.
- Physical Sciences*
- Life Sciences**
- Agricultural Sciences***
- Equine Studies****
*Mathematics is compulsory.
**Compulsory practical examinations in Grade 12 at a designated Brainline branch. Additional fees apply.
***Life Sciences is recommended.
****Grade 10–12: Access to a qualified international Level 1 instructor for practical assessments.
Grade 10–11: Competing in graded or equivalent shows at Novice Level.
Grade 12: Competing in graded or equivalent shows above Novice Level.
Regular riding lessons.
- Business Studies
*Mathematics is highly recommended.
- Mathematical Literacy
*The student must have access to his/her instrument, must have passed at least Grade 2 theory and practical from an accredited examination board, and must be receiving private lessons that focus on (at least) Grade 3 theory and practice.
- Grade 10: Passed Grade 2, busy with Grade 3 to complete at the end of Grade 10 (Practical & theory.)
- Grade 11: Passed Grade 3, busy with Grade 4 to complete at the end of Grade 11 (Practical & theory.)
Engineering Graphics and Design
- Engineering Graphics and Design*
- Computer Applications Technology**
- ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY – Digital Electronics (Grade 10 only)
- ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY – Electronics (Grade 10 only)
*Additional software required: TurboCAD 21 Deluxe. An A3 printer is required.
*Requires the full professional version of Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Microsoft Office 365 containing these full versions will also be accepted. Compulsory practical examination in Grade 12 at a Brainline branch.
Culture and Arts
- Dramatic Arts*
- Visual Arts
*Compulsory practical examinations in Grade 12 at a designated Brainline branch. Additional fees apply.
- Life Orientation
Ideal for candidates over the age of 18.
BrainlineCOMPACT is completed in one year. The course is divided into two phases that conclude in June and in November.
Supervision by an independent invigilator, registered with Brainline by the student, is required during some assessments and all examinations.
Enrolments for the full product (7 subjects) closes end of March.
DID YOU KNOW:
Thereafter enrolments for BrainlineCOMPACT for single subjects are available.
Content is available as the compliant brainMATHS Study Programme and as CAPS/IEB-aligned approved resources from well-known publishing houses. The exclusive Brainline interweaved Grade 10 and 11 curriculum delivers core content despite time constraints.
As the content is interwoven, writing both the Phase 1 June and Phase 2 November examinations are compulsory.
A BrainlineCOMPACT progress report is issued after each phase examination.
- Follow a structured learning programme, based on the IEB requirements, in the comfort of your own home.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- Receive academic support and guidelines from Brainline throughout the year.
- Daily and/ or weekly virtual classes by qualified teachers.
- Complete scheduled tasks, tests and examinations.
- Tests and examinations to be marked by experienced subject specialists.
- Receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
- receive a valid academic record, that is a prerequisite for admission to Grade 12.
- Full product (Phase 1 and 2) (eBooks can be bought separately.)
- Includes portfolio and examination
- Source your child’s/ students own study material.
- Complete the IEB-aligned portfolio in your own time at your own pace.
- Don’t want to be bound by timelines and set schedules.
- Don’t necessarily have regular internet access.
- No classes.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- Option of obtaining a Brainline report.
Single subjects – R 4700
- Fulfil the requirements to pass Grade 10 or 11 by completing less than 7 subjects.
- Add one or more additional subjects to their existing academic portfolio.
- Improve on marks previously obtained for a subject.
Printed hard copies can be purchased from Credobooks
Please note that Credobooks is currently unable to deliver the printed hard copies due to the national lockdown; however, Brainline has turn-key online ebook solution for our clients. No need to wait for your hardcopy books. Order the ebooks online during registration.
The Brainline eReader
Navigate chapters. View content. Print what you need.
The Brainline eReader is our unique eBook viewer, designed in-house, where our students can access their textbooks in one convenient place.*
The Brainline eReader (which delivers all the study material) works with Windows 7 or above, and is also Mac compatible. It is currently not compatible with Android, iOS or other mobile devices.
You will need the following hardware and software:
- Licensed, updated Windows 7 or above (Windows XP is not supported).
- Also Mac-compatible.
- A word processing application.
- A webcam and a microphone, and the necessary software to record with these.
- A printer and scanner (You will need access to an A3 printer and scanner with EGD Grade 10 - 12, i.e. postnet)
A stable internet connection is required to download updates for the Brainline eReader and other software, as well as to download and upload assessments on brainONLINE.
- We highly recommend that you make use of a broadband internet connection.
- A minimum of 5 GB is required per month for uploads/downloads and content. Another 20 - 50 GB is recommended for streaming and downloading Cloud school classes.
- The Brainline eReader must be connected to the internet at least once every 29 days for license authentication.
Brainline has over 30 years of passionate experience in distance education.
Brainline strives to be an innovative, quality-driven e-learning distance education institution. Celebrating 30 years in 2020, we continue to do what we love — enabling more and more learners to achieve their National Senior Certificate through innovative distance education solutions.
We have many insightful articles regarding distance learning
Do you have any unanswered questions?
Let us know by filling in the contact form and one of our team members will get back to you.