Fast-track your progress towards achieving your NSC!
COMPACT is an exclusive Brainline interwoven Grade 10 and 11 curriculum that delivers core content in one academic year accommodating time constraints, and preparing a student for Grade 12 at Brainline in the following year.
Parent guidance required
Online classes available 24/7
Structured tasks and deadlines
This learning plan is ideal if you...
Are over the age of 18 and want to work towards your NSC.
Would like to complete Grade 10 and 11 in one year.
Have enough time to dedicate towards your studies so that you can master the full curriculum in one year.
Would like to continue with Grade 12 through Brainline the following year.
Are employed either part- or full-time and want to work toward your NSC find this product ideal.
Follow a structured learning programme, based on the IEB requirements, in the comfort of your own home.
Comply with the legal requirements.
Receive academic support and guidelines from Brainline throughout the year.
Daily and/ or weekly virtual classes by qualified teachers.
Complete scheduled tasks, tests and examinations.
Tests and examinations to be marked by experienced subject specialists.
Receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
Receive a valid academic record, which is a prerequisite for admission to Grade 12.
- Full product (Phase 1 and 2) (eBooks can be bought separately.)
- Includes portfolio and examination
- Source your child’s/students’ own study material.
- Complete the IEB-aligned portfolio in your own time at your own pace.
- Don’t want to be bound by timelines and set schedules.
- Don’t necessarily have regular internet access.
- No classes.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- Option of obtaining a Brainline report.
- Fulfil the requirements to pass Grade 10 or 11 by completing less than 7 subjects.
- Add one or more additional subjects to their existing academic portfolio.
- Improve on marks previously obtained for a subject.
From R31 850/ Year
From R15 000/ Year
Summary of product
Ideal for candidates over the age of 18.
Supervision by an independent invigilator, registered with Brainline by the student, is required during some assessments and all examinations.
Enrolments for the full product (7 subjects) close end of March.
DID YOU KNOW:
Thereafter enrolments for BrainlineCOMPACT for single subjects are available.
BrainlineCOMPACT is completed in one year.
The course is divided into two phases that conclude in June and in November.
January | Phase 1 starts
June | Phase 1 Examination
July | Phase 2 starts
November | Phase 2 Examination
- Enrol at www.mybrainline.com.
- We create a Microsoft 365 Student account for each learner, which they can access by visiting https://office.microsoft.com. These accounts will be activated within 24 hours of receiving the Brainline welcome email, sent upon enrolment approval.
The Brainline learner will use his/her unique Microsoft credentials to log in to Snapplify at https://brainline.snapplify.com/overview where they can purchase their digital books.
- Download the list of prescribed and recommend books for the year from: https://brainline.com/booklist/.
- Go to: https://brainline.snapplify.com/overview and log in with Microsoft, using the learner’s unique account details that we provide upon enrolment.
- Navigate to the shop and purchase each book in accordance with the list you downloaded in Step 1 that is relevant to your child.
Note: Purchased books are automatically loaded to the Snapplify Reader and must be accessed there.
- Go to https://getsnapplify.com/ and select your device type. Download the application/installer and install it on your device.
- Open the application and log in with your child’s username and password (created in Step 2).
- In the application, you will see the items you have purchased available for download.
- Once you have downloaded the books, you can access the learner’s study material.
If you need any assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subjects we offer
Click on individual subjects to view the requirements
Overview of product
Content is available as the compliant brainMATHS Study Programme and as CAPS/IEB-aligned approved resources from well-known publishing houses.
The exclusive Brainline interweaved Grade 10 and 11 curriculum delivers core content despite time constraints.
As the content is interwoven, writing both the Phase 1 June and Phase 2 November examinations are compulsory.
A BrainlineCOMPACT progress report is issued after each phase examination.
For more information and a full breakdown of our products
Fill in your details below to download the product brochure
Let’s find the right product for you!
We have created this quick quiz to help you navigate to the right product for you.
Brainline has over 35 years of experience in education
Brainline strives to be an innovative, quality-driven e-learning distance education institution. Every day, we continue to do what we love — enabling more and more learners to achieve their National Senior Certificate through innovative distance education solutions.
Enrol for 2023
Do you have any unanswered questions?
Let us know by filling in the contact form and one of our team members will get back to you.