Complement your academic portfolio.
Brainline offers students the unique opportunity to choose from our extensive subject offering to complement their academic portfolios. Dynamic additional support and a compliant assessment programme empower a student with the skills required to advance to the NSC.
Parent guidance required
Online classes available 24/7
Structured tasks and deadlines
Fulfill the requirements to pass Grade 10 or 11 by completing less than 7 subjects.
Add one or more additional subjects to their existing academic portfolio.
Improve on marks previously obtained for a subject.
Complete Grade 10 or 11 over more than one year.
Change one or more subjects before enrolling for Grade 12.
Follow a structured learning programme based on the IEB requirements, in the comfort of their own home.
Receive academic support and guidelines from Brainline throughout the year.
Complete scheduled tasks, tests and examinations.
Have all assessments marked by experienced subject specialists.
Receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
Receive a valid academic record, that is a prerequisite for admission to Grade 12.
BrainlineCOMPACT single subjects
- Are over the age of 18 and want to work towards your NSC.
- Would like to complete Grade 10 and 11 in one year.
- Quarterly virtual classes by qualified teachers.
- Would like to continue with Grade 12 through Brainline the following year.
- Are employed either part- or full-time and want to work toward your NSC find this product ideal.
IEB single subjects
- Grade 10 or 11 (Textbooks not included. eBooks to be purchased separately.)
- Fulfil the requirements to pass Grade 10 or 11 by completing less than 7 subjects.
- Add one or more additional subjects to their existing academic portfolio.
- Improve on marks previously obtained for a subject.
R 1300 CAT Practical Exam written dedicated Brainline Centres
R 1300 Life Sciences Practical conducted and written at the assigned Brainline Centres
R 2800 Consumer studies Practical at Montana, Brainline Head Office
Summary of product
A pass result for the previous grade.
Supervision by an independent invigilator, registered with Brainline by the student, is required during tests and examinations.
Enrolment is open throughout the year. All assessments scheduled for a date after enrolment must be completed, and depending on the subject requirements, some assessments scheduled for earlier in the year may be compulsory as well.
One academic year per grade.
Did you know?
Completing some subjects in year one and the rest of the subjects in a second year is possible if you:
- don’t have sufficient study time;
- do not have the financial means.
- experience barriers to learning
January | brainONLINE available
February | Cycle 1 Task submissions
March | Cycle 1 Test Series
April | Recess
May | Cycle 2 Task submissions
June | Cycle 2 Test Series
July | Recess
August | Cycle 3 Task submissions
September | Cycle 3 Test Series
October | Revise the year’s work.
November | Cycle 4 Examination Serie
December | Recess
- Enrol at www.mybrainline.com.
- We create a Microsoft 365 Student account for each learner, which they can access by visiting https://office.microsoft.com. These accounts will be activated within 24 hours of receiving the Brainline welcome email, sent upon enrolment approval.
The Brainline learner will use his/her unique Microsoft credentials to log in to Snapplify at https://brainline.snapplify.com/overview where they can purchase their digital books.
- Download the list of prescribed and recommend books for the year from: https://brainline.com/booklist/.
- Go to: https://brainline.snapplify.com/overview and log in with Microsoft, using the learner’s unique account details that we provide upon enrolment.
- Navigate to the shop and purchase each book in accordance with the list you downloaded in Step 1 that is relevant to your child.
Note: Purchased books are automatically loaded to the Snapplify Reader and must be accessed there.
- Go to https://getsnapplify.com/ and select your device type. Download the application/installer and install it on your device.
- Open the application and log in with your child’s username and password (created in Step 2).
- In the application, you will see the items you have purchased available for download.
- Once you have downloaded the books, you can access the learner’s study material.
If you need any assistance, please send an email to email@example.com.
Business Studies Class Example
Life Science Class Example
Creative Arts Class Example
Subjects we offer
Click on individual subjects to view the requirements
For more information and a full breakdown of our products
Fill in your details below to download the product brochure
Let’s find the right product for you!
We have created this quick quiz to help you navigate to the right product for you.
Brainline has over 35 years of experience in education
Brainline strives to be an innovative, quality-driven e-learning distance education institution. Every day, we continue to do what we love — enabling more and more learners to achieve their National Senior Certificate through innovative distance education solutions.
Enrol for 2023
Do you have any unanswered questions?
Let us know by filling in the contact form and one of our team members will get back to you.