Grade 4-6 Brainlinexpress
The freedom to enjoy learning at your own pace.
BrainlineEXPRESS for Grade 4–6 allows you to choose and source study material for your child, and provides an assessment portfolio that your child can complete at his/her own pace.
Is BrainlineEXPRESS for Grade 4–6 the right product for you?
This is ideal if you:
Are able to source your child’s study material.
Would like to complete the CAPS syllabus at your own pace.
Don’t want to be bound by timelines and set schedules.
Don’t necessarily have regular internet access.
Still want to comply with the legal requirements.
Want to receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
Want the option of obtaining a Brainline report.
Not what you are looking for?
We have worked out an easy quiz to help you navigate which of our products will serve you the best.
January to September
Purchase the Self-assessment Portfolio in the brainBOOKS Store and enrol for the optional Final Formal Assessment.
Complete the included mid-year Self-assessment Portfolio items.
Revise the year’s work. Consider enrolling for the optional Final Formal Assessment
Write the optional Final Formal Assessment according to the set schedule (if enrolled).
Receive a Brainline report, if you enrolled for the optional Final Formal Assessment.
First Additional Language
Successful completion of the previous grade is recommended.
Enrolment is open throughout the year. Assessments scheduled for a date after enrolment need to be completed.
Supervision by an independent invigilator is recommended during tests and examinations.
Progress reports are issued after each assessment cycle. These provide external evidence of your child’s CAPS-compliant assessment and academic record for future academic prospects.
According to the Draft Policy on Home Education, a parent/guardian may set his/her own promotion and retention requirements, provided these are equal to or exceed the standard requirements as determined by the national promotion criteria.
Brainline is proud to include the CAPS-compliant brainMATHS Study Programme with this product, offering your child a unique opportunity to grasp this important subject.
Recommended content for other subjects is available for purchase as either ebooks via your personal ebook library or as hard copies. These CAPS-approved resources from well-known publishing houses have been specially selected to best assist your child to excel.
Assessments are made available on brainONLINE. This is where we communicate with you, and where you download and upload all your child’s completed assessment items. You need to visit brainONLINE at least once a week to stay up-to-date with dynamic content for your child’s subjects. The assessment items include tasks, oral assignments, tests and examinations.
Written and oral tasks are downloaded from brainONLINE and marked by you, the parent/guardian, according to the marking guidelines provided, after which the marks and proof of completion are then uploaded.
Tests and examinations are written according to a fixed assessment schedule and accessed using a unique password issued on the day of assessment. Supervision by an independent invigilator is recommended while your child completes these assessments in the comfort of your own home. The completed assessments are uploaded and marked by experienced subject specialists.
Marking of tests and examinations is included in the product price.
However, in the case of written and oral tasks, you as the parent/guardian are responsible for marking them. You may request that this marking also be done by Brainline at an additional annual fee.
Progress reports are issued after each assessment cycle. These provide a valid academic record for your child’s future academic prospects.
50%+ for Home Language
40%+ for First Additional Language
30%+ in two other subjects
- Examination and Portfolio
- Source your child’s study material.
- Complete the CAPS syllabus at your own pace.
- Don’t want to be bound by timelines and set schedules.
- Don’t necessarily have regular
CAPS AlignedGrade 4-6
- Follow a structured learning programme, based on the CAPS requirements, in the comfort of your own home.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- Need academic support and guidelines from Brainline throughout the year.
- Complete scheduled tasks, tests and examinations.
- Tests and examinations to be marked by experienced subject specialists.
- Receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
- Obtain a valid academic record for your child’s future academic prospects.
Printed hard copies can be purchased from Credobooks or Protea Bookshop
Please note: Not all study material is available in hard copy format.
E-books can be purchased from snapplify.com
Until the end of 2020, Snapplify is offering free access to educational material.
How to access your study material
The Snapplify Reader is the application where you can access your ebook study material. Follow these steps to access your study material:
- Download the list of prescribed and recommend books for the year: https://brainline.com/booklist/.
- Go to https://www.snapplify.com/ and log in with Microsoft, using the learner's unique account details that we provide upon enrolment.
- Navigate to the shop and purchase each book in accordance with the list you downloaded in Step 1 that is relevant to your child.
Note: Purchased books are automatically loaded to the Snapplify Reader and must be accessed there.
- Go to https://getsnapplify.com/ and select your device type. Download the application/installer and install it on your device.
- Open the application and log in with your child’s username and password (created in Step 2).
- In the application, you will see the items you have purchased available for download.
- Once you have downloaded the books, you can access the learner's study material.
If you need any assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brainline has over 30 years of passionate experience in distance education.
Brainline strives to be an innovative, quality-driven e-learning distance education institution. Celebrating 30 years in 2020, we continue to do what we love — enabling more and more learners to achieve their National Senior Certificate through innovative distance education solutions.
We have many insightful articles regarding distance learning
Do you have any unanswered questions?
Let us know by filling in the contact form and one of our team members will get back to you.