Grade 4-6 CAPS-Aligned
Serious about assessment, support, and success!
CAPS-aligned for Grade 4–6 provides you with the opportunity to control how, when and where your child studies, and allows access to all the resources you need to provide your child with the best learning experience and compliant assessment programme.
Is CAPS-aligned for Grade 4 – 6 the right product for you?
This is ideal if you:
Want your child to follow a structured learning programme, based on the CAPS requirements, in the comfort of your own home.
Still want to comply with the legal requirements.
Need academic support and guidelines from Brainline throughout the year.
Want your child to complete scheduled tasks, tests and examinations.
Want the tests and examinations to be marked by experienced subject specialists.
Want to receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
Want a valid academic record for your child’s future academic prospects.
Not what you are looking for?
We have worked out an easy quiz to help you navigate which of our products will serve you the best.
January | brainONLINE available
February | Cycle 1 Task submissions
March | Cycle 1 Test Series
April | Recess
May | Cycle 2 Task submissions
June | Cycle 2 Test Series
July | Recess
August | Cycle 3 Task submissions
September | Cycle 3 Test Series
October | Recess
November | Cycle 4 Examination Series
December | Recess
First Additional Language
Successful completion of the previous grade is recommended.
Enrolment is open throughout the year. Assessments scheduled for a date after enrolment need to be completed.
Supervision by an independent invigilator is recommended during tests and examinations.
Progress reports are issued after each assessment cycle. These provide external evidence of your child’s CAPS-compliant assessment and academic record for future academic prospects.
According to the Draft Policy on Home Education, a parent/guardian may set his/her own promotion and retention requirements, provided these are equal to or exceed the standard requirements as determined by the national promotion criteria.
Brainline is proud to include the CAPS-compliant brainMATHS Study Programme with this product, offering your child a unique opportunity to grasp this important subject.
Recommended content for other subjects is available for purchase as either ebooks via your personal ebook library or as hard copies. These CAPS-approved resources from well-known publishing houses have been specially selected to best assist your child to excel.
Assessments are made available on brainONLINE. This is where we communicate with you, and where you download and upload all your child’s completed assessment items. You need to visit brainONLINE at least once a week to stay up-to-date with dynamic content for your child’s subjects. The assessment items include tasks, oral assignments, tests and examinations.
Written and oral tasks are downloaded from brainONLINE and marked by you, the parent/guardian, according to the marking guidelines provided, after which the marks and proof of completion are then uploaded.
Tests and examinations are written according to a fixed assessment schedule and accessed using a unique password issued on the day of assessment. Supervision by an independent invigilator is recommended while your child completes these assessments in the comfort of your own home. The completed assessments are uploaded and marked by experienced subject specialists.
Marking of tests and examinations is included in the product price.
However, in the case of written and oral tasks, you as the parent/guardian are responsible for marking them. You may request that this marking also be done by Brainline at an additional annual fee.
Progress reports are issued after each assessment cycle. These provide a valid academic record for your child’s future academic prospects.
50%+ for Home Language
40%+ for First Additional Language
30%+ in two other subjects
- Follow a structured learning programme, based on the CAPS requirements, in the comfort of your own home.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- Need academic support and guidelines from Brainline throughout the year.
- Daily and/ or weekly virtual classes by qualified teachers.
- Complete scheduled tasks, tests and examinations.
- Tests and examinations to be marked by experienced subject specialists.
- Receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
- Obtain a valid academic record for your child’s future academic prospects.
- Source your child’s study material.
- Complete the CAPS syllabus at your own pace.
- Don’t want to be bound by timelines and set schedules.
- Don’t necessarily have regular internet access.
- No classes.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- Option of obtaining a Brainline report.
Printed hard copies can be purchased from Credobooks
The Brainline eReader
Navigate chapters. View content. Print what you need.
The Brainline eReader is our unique eBook viewer, designed in-house, where our students can access their textbooks in one convenient place.*
The Brainline eReader (which delivers all the study material) works with Windows 7 or above, and is also Mac compatible. It is currently not compatible with Android, iOS or other mobile devices.
You will need the following hardware and software:
- Licensed, updated Windows 7 or above (Windows XP is not supported).
- Also Mac-compatible.
- A word processing application.
- A webcam and a microphone, and the necessary software to record with these.
- A printer and scanner (You will need access to an A3 printer and scanner with EGD Grade 10 - 12, i.e. postnet)
A stable internet connection is required to download updates for the Brainline eReader and other software, as well as to download and upload assessments on brainONLINE.
- We highly recommend that you make use of a broadband internet connection.
- A minimum of 5 GB is required per month for uploads/downloads and content. Another 20 - 50 GB is recommended for streaming and downloading Cloud school classes.
- The Brainline eReader must be connected to the internet at least once every 29 days for license authentication.
Grade 4-6 English Class
Grade 5 Maths Class
Brainline has over 30 years of passionate experience in distance education.
Brainline strives to be an innovative, quality-driven e-learning distance education institution. Celebrating 30 years in 2020, we continue to do what we love — enabling more and more learners to achieve their National Senior Certificate through innovative distance education solutions.
We have many insightful articles regarding distance learning
Do you have any unanswered questions?
Let us know by filling in the contact form and one of our team members will get back to you.