Grade 7–9 IEB-aligned
Get ready to choose your FET Phase subjects and plan your future!
Brainline IEB-aligned for Grade 7–9 provides you with the opportunity to control how, when and where your child studies as well as access to unique resources that you need to provide your child the best learning experience and additional support through this CAPS-compliant assessment programme.
Is Brainline IEB-aligned for Grade 7–9 the right product for you?
This is ideal if you:
Want your child to follow a structured learning programme, based on the CAPS and IEB requirements, in the comfort of your own home.
Still want to comply with the legal requirements.
Need academic support and guidelines from Brainline throughout the year.
Want your child to complete scheduled tasks, tests and examinations.
Want all assessments to be marked by experienced subject specialists.
Want to receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
Want a valid academic record for your child’s future academic prospects.
Not what you are looking for?
We have worked out an easy quiz to help you navigate which of our products will serve you the best.
January | brainONLINE available
February | Cycle 1 Task submissions
March | Cycle 1 Test Series
April | Recess
May | Cycle 2 Task submissions
June | Cycle 2 Test Series
July | Recess
August | Cycle 3 Task submissions
September | Cycle 3 Test Series
October | Recess
November | Cycle 4 Examination Series
December | Recess
First Additional Language
Combined in Grade 8
Sub-divided in Grade 9
- Dramatic Arts
- Visual Arts
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
Economic Management Sciences
- Business Economics
Recommended content for other subjects is available for purchase either as ebooks via your personal ebook library, or as hard copies.
Additional unique resources are continuously developed by subject specialists and are added to brainONLINE for your child to utilise. These include:
- tutorial and examination preparation videos,
- PowerPoint presentations,
- additional subject notes, and summaries.
You need to visit brainONLINE at least once a week to stay up-to-date with new dynamic content for your child’s subjects.
Tasks, tests and examinations are completed according to a fixed assessment schedule. Test and examinations are accessed via a unique password issued on the day of assessment. Supervision by an independent invigilator is highly recommended while your child completes these assessments in the comfort of your own home.
All assessments are completed according to a fixed schedule that is available on brainONLINE from the beginning of the year.
You, the parent/guardian, are responsible for submitting all completed assessments within the allowed timeframes.
40%+ (First Additional Language)
40%+ (3 other subjects)
30%+ (2 other subjects)
- Grade 7, 8, or 9 Programme
- Follow a structured learning programme, based on the CAPS requirements, in the comfort of your own home.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- Need academic support and guidelines from Brainline throughout the year.
- Daily and/ or weekly virtual classes by qualified teachers.
- Complete scheduled tasks, tests and examinations.
- Tests and examinations to be marked by experienced subject specialists.
- Receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
- Obtain a valid academic record for your child’s future academic prospects.
- Examination and Portfolio
- Source your child’s study material.
- Complete the CAPS syllabus at your own pace.
- Don’t want to be bound by timelines and set schedules.
- Don’t necessarily have regular internet access.
- No classes.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- Option of obtaining a Brainline report.
Printed hard copies can be purchased from Credobooks
Please note that Credobooks is currently unable to deliver the printed hard copies due to the national lockdown; however, Brainline has turn-key online ebook solution for our clients. No need to wait for your hardcopy books. Order the ebooks online during registration.
The Brainline eReader
Navigate chapters. View content. Print what you need.
The Brainline eReader is our unique eBook viewer, designed in-house, where our students can access their textbooks in one convenient place.*
The Brainline eReader (which delivers all the study material) works with Windows 7 or above, and is also Mac compatible. It is currently not compatible with Android, iOS or other mobile devices.
You will need the following hardware and software:
- Licensed, updated Windows 7 or above (Windows XP is not supported).
- Also Mac-compatible.
- A word processing application.
- A webcam and a microphone, and the necessary software to record with these.
- A printer and scanner (You will need access to an A3 printer and scanner with EGD Grade 10 - 12, i.e. postnet)
A stable internet connection is required to download updates for the Brainline eReader and other software, as well as to download and upload assessments on brainONLINE.
- We highly recommend that you make use of a broadband internet connection.
- A minimum of 5 GB is required per month for uploads/downloads and content. Another 20 - 50 GB is recommended for streaming and downloading Cloud school classes.
- The Brainline eReader must be connected to the internet at least once every 29 days for license authentication.
Bringing the classroom to life
Virtual classes become a reality with Brainline.
- Engage in weekly bilingual online classes, presented by qualified teachers via video communication technologies.
- The virtual classes are complimentary and an added resource to the set curriculum, at no extra cost to the learner
- Revolutionary home education for today’s learners accommodating the digital age through technology
- Learner-centred teaching hub, focusing on teaching and facilitation
- Online classes that break down the invisible walls of traditional teaching presenting the curriculum in innovative ways
- All classes are recorded and made available for later viewing.
Brainline has over 30 years of passionate experience in distance education.
Brainline strives to be an innovative, quality-driven e-learning distance education institution. Celebrating 30 years in 2020, we continue to do what we love — enabling more and more learners to achieve their National Senior Certificate through innovative distance education solutions.
We have many insightful articles regarding distance learning
Do you have any unanswered questions?
Let us know by filling in the contact form and one of our team members will get back to you.