Grade 7–9 IEB-aligned
Get ready to choose your FET Phase subjects and plan your future!
Brainline IEB-aligned for Grade 7–9 provides you with the opportunity to control how, when and where your child studies as well as access to unique resources that you need to provide your child the best learning experience and additional support through this CAPS-compliant assessment programme.
Is Brainline IEB-aligned for Grade 7–9 the right product for you?
This is ideal if you:
Want your child to follow a structured learning programme, based on the CAPS and IEB requirements, in the comfort of your own home.
Still want to comply with the legal requirements.
Need academic support and guidelines from Brainline throughout the year.
Want your child to complete scheduled tasks, tests and examinations.
Want all assessments to be marked by experienced subject specialists.
Want to receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
Want a valid academic record for your child’s future academic prospects.
Not what you are looking for?
We have worked out an easy quiz to help you navigate which of our products will serve you the best.
January | brainONLINE available
February | Cycle 1 Task submissions
March | Cycle 1 Test Series
April | Recess
May | Cycle 2 Task submissions
June | Cycle 2 Test Series
July | Recess
August | Cycle 3 Task submissions
September | Cycle 3 Test Series
October | Recess
November | Cycle 4 Examination Series
December | Recess
First Additional Language
Combined in Grade 8
Sub-divided in Grade 9
- Dramatic Arts
- Visual Arts
- Physical Sciences
- Life Sciences
Economic Management Sciences
- Business Economics
Recommended content for other subjects is available for purchase either as ebooks via your personal ebook library, or as hard copies.
Additional unique resources are continuously developed by subject specialists and are added to brainONLINE for your child to utilise. These include:
- tutorial and examination preparation videos,
- PowerPoint presentations,
- additional subject notes, and summaries.
You need to visit brainONLINE at least once a week to stay up-to-date with new dynamic content for your child’s subjects.
Tasks, tests and examinations are completed according to a fixed assessment schedule. Test and examinations are accessed via a unique password issued on the day of assessment. Supervision by an independent invigilator is highly recommended while your child completes these assessments in the comfort of your own home.
All assessments are completed according to a fixed schedule that is available on brainONLINE from the beginning of the year.
You, the parent/guardian, are responsible for submitting all completed assessments within the allowed timeframes.
40%+ (First Additional Language)
40%+ (3 other subjects)
30%+ (2 other subjects)
- Grade 7, 8, or 9 Programme
- Follow a structured learning programme, based on the CAPS requirements, in the comfort of your own home.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- Need academic support and guidelines from Brainline throughout the year.
- Daily and/ or weekly virtual classes by qualified teachers.
- Complete scheduled tasks, tests and examinations.
- Tests and examinations to be marked by experienced subject specialists.
- Receive progress reports after each assessment cycle.
- Obtain a valid academic record for your child’s future academic prospects.
- Examination and Portfolio
- Source your child’s study material.
- Complete the CAPS syllabus at your own pace.
- Don’t want to be bound by timelines and set schedules.
- Don’t necessarily have regular internet access.
- No classes.
- Comply with the legal requirements.
- Option of obtaining a Brainline report.
Printed hard copies can be purchased from Credobooks or Protea Bookshop
Please note: Not all study material is available in hard copy format.
E-books can be purchased from snapplify.com
Until the end of 2020, Snapplify is offering free access to educational material.
How to access your study material
The Snapplify Reader is the application where you can access your ebook study material. Follow these steps to access your study material:
- Download the list of prescribed and recommend books for the year: https://brainline.com/booklist/.
- Go to https://www.snapplify.com/ and log in with Microsoft, using the learner's unique account details that we provide upon enrolment.
- Navigate to the shop and purchase each book in accordance with the list you downloaded in Step 1 that is relevant to your child.
Note: Purchased books are automatically loaded to the Snapplify Reader and must be accessed there.
- Go to https://getsnapplify.com/ and select your device type. Download the application/installer and install it on your device.
- Open the application and log in with your child’s username and password (created in Step 2).
- In the application, you will see the items you have purchased available for download.
- Once you have downloaded the books, you can access the learner's study material.
If you need any assistance, please send an email to email@example.com.
Bringing the classroom to life
Virtual classes become a reality with Brainline.
- Engage in weekly bilingual online classes, presented by qualified teachers via video communication technologies.
- The virtual classes are complimentary and an added resource to the set curriculum, at no extra cost to the learner
- Revolutionary home education for today’s learners accommodating the digital age through technology
- Learner-centred teaching hub, focusing on teaching and facilitation
- Online classes that break down the invisible walls of traditional teaching presenting the curriculum in innovative ways
- All classes are recorded and made available for later viewing.
Brainline has over 30 years of passionate experience in distance education.
Brainline strives to be an innovative, quality-driven e-learning distance education institution. Celebrating 30 years in 2020, we continue to do what we love — enabling more and more learners to achieve their National Senior Certificate through innovative distance education solutions.
We have many insightful articles regarding distance learning
Do you have any unanswered questions?
Let us know by filling in the contact form and one of our team members will get back to you.