We like to play and learn!
Grade R is the first year of the Foundation Phase. It is the ideal programme for your children to develop a firm academic foundation, until the year in which they turn seven and start Grade 1. Brainline provides the programme content, but parent involvement is required to ensure learner success. An integrated approach that focuses on learning through play and fun activities.
Brainline has developed our own Grade R programme (curriculum) based on the CAPS requirements of the Department of Basic Education while allowing you as parent/guardian flexibility. Our program comprises a combination of a Home Language, First Additional Language, Mathematics, and Life Skills, which are addressed holistically with a theme-based approach.
Already in Grade 1, 2 or 3 but need to develop required skillsets?
If your child needs to refine and perfect the skillsets that are essential for the successful completion of the Foundation Phase, and has not done Grade R, use this programme simultaneously as an academic support programme.
Parent guidance required
Online classes available 24/7
This learning plan is ideal if you...
Would like to prepare your child for Grade 1.
Want to educate your child through play activities.
Don’t want to be bound by timelines.
Want to complete selected modules at your own pace.
Still want to comply with legal requirements.
- per year
- Prepare your child for Grade 1.
- Educate your child through play activities.
- Complete selected modules at your own pace.
- Comply with legal requirements.
- Grade R modules are only available to purchase through Snapplify (as ebooks)/ Credobooks (as hardcopies).
Above price includes registration fee and ebooks (full set)
Registration fee: R250
Optional – Live classes & curriculum resources: R350 per month recurring monthly payment
Credobooks hardcopy from R4 766 for the whole set of modules. Visit their website here. (prices subject to change by Credobooks).
Download E-Book Estimated Quote on Snapplify in English
School Readiness Test
- Evaluating your child’s maturity.
Summary of product
There are no admission requirements for Grade R.
Available as printed full-colour, theme-based modules, or as printable ebooks via your personal ebook library.
The parent/guardian is required to facilitate the child’s learning by guiding him/her through the activities in each module.
The Grade R programme can be purchased throughout the year.
There is no set schedule, and the modules can be completed in any order, throughout the year.
Stationery and materials as recommended in each module, and internet access to download the ebooks when this option is selected.
- Enrol at www.mybrainline.com.
- We create a Microsoft 365 Student account for each learner, which they can access by visiting https://office.microsoft.com. These accounts will be activated within 24 hours of receiving the Brainline welcome email, sent upon enrolment approval.
The Brainline learner will use his/her unique Microsoft credentials to log in to Snapplify at https://brainline.snapplify.com/overview where they can purchase their digital books.
- Download the list of prescribed and recommend books for the year from: https://brainline.com/booklist/.
- Go to: https://brainline.snapplify.com/overview and log in with Microsoft, using the learner’s unique account details that we provide upon enrolment.
- Navigate to the shop and purchase each book in accordance with the list you downloaded in Step 1 that is relevant to your child.
Note: Purchased books are automatically loaded to the Snapplify Reader and must be accessed there.
- Go to https://getsnapplify.com/ and select your device type. Download the application/installer and install it on your device.
- Open the application and log in with your child’s username and password (created in Step 2).
- In the application, you will see the items you have purchased available for download.
- Once you have downloaded the books, you can access the learner’s study material.
If you need any assistance, please send an email to email@example.com.
Me, my family, neighbours and friends
In our home
Good manners and hygiene
Days, months and seasons
Cook and enjoy
Dinosaurs, shapes and concepts
Fruit and vegetables
Zoo, animals and pets
From the farm
The ocean and it's animals
Insects and other bugs
Deserts, mountains, jungles and oceans
The world and space
Overview of product
Outcomes include reading and viewing, design, data handling, listening exercises, interpretation, writing, language structure, thinking and reasoning.
A wide range of topics is explored to expand your child’s knowledge of the wonderful world around him/her.
The 21 modules can be done at any time and in any order, as your child needs change.
Practical activities are applied to develop and promote the main skills that your child must master.
The complete alphabet and number set is taught throughout the programme, with specific literacy and numeracy learning outcomes.
The programme is based on the South African CAPS curriculum.
|Times to be announced
||Gr R – 3 Yoga adventures||B-Active Gr R – 3||Ballet Gr R – 3||Hip Hop/ Modern Gr R – 3||B-Active Gr R – 3|
For more information and a full breakdown of our products
Fill in your details below to download the product brochure
Thank you, please click on the button to download the brochure.
Let’s find the right product for you!
We have created this quick quiz to help you navigate to the right product for you.
Brainline has over 35 years of experience in education
Brainline strives to be an innovative, quality-driven e-learning distance education institution. Every day, we continue to do what we love — enabling more and more learners to achieve their National Senior Certificate through innovative distance education solutions.
Enrol for 2023
Do you have any unanswered questions?
Let us know by filling in the contact form and one of our team members will get back to you.