We like to play and learn!
Grade R is the first year of the Foundation Phase. It is the ideal program for your children to develop a firm academic foundation, until the year in which they turn seven and start Grade 1.
An integrated approach that focusses on learning through play and fun activities.
Brainline has developed our own Grade R program (curriculum) based on the CAPS requirements of the Department of Basic Education while allowing you as parent/guardian flexibility. Our program comprises a combination of a Home Language, First Additional Language, Mathematics, and Life Skills, which are addressed holistically with a theme-based approach.
Is Grade R the right product for you?
This is ideal if you:
Would like to prepare your child for Grade 1.
Want to educate your child through play activities.
Don’t want to be bound by timelines.
Want to complete selected modules at your own pace.
Still want to comply with legal requirements.
Already in Grade 1, 2 or 3 but need to develop required skillsets?
If your child needs to refine and perfect the skillsets that are essential for the successful completion of the Foundation Phase, and has not done Grade R, use this programme simultaneously as an academic support programme.
School readiness test
Want to make sure your child is ready for school?
The School Readiness Test is the ultimate conclusion to this programme
Me, my family, neighbours and friends
In our home
Good manners and hygiene
Days, months and seasons
Cook and enjoy
Dinosaurs, shapes and concepts
Fruit and vegetables
Zoo, animals and pets
From the farm
The ocean and its animals
Insects and other bugs
Deserts, mountains, jungles and oceans
The world and space
Grade R at a glance
There are no admission requirements for Grade R.
Available as printed full-colour, theme-based modules, or as printable ebooks via your personal ebook library.
The parent/guardian is required to facilitate the child’s learning by guiding him/her through the activities in each module.
The Grade R programme can be purchased throughout the year.
There is no set schedule, and the modules can be completed in any order, throughout the year.
Stationery and materials as recommended in each module, and internet access to download the ebooks when this option is selected.
Details of Grade R
Outcomes include reading and viewing, design, data handling, listening exercises, interpretation, writing, language structure, thinking and reasoning.
A wide range of topics is explored to expand your child’s knowledge of the wonderful world around him/her.
The 21 modules can be done at any time and in any order, as your child needs change.
Practical activities are applied to develop and promote the main skills that your child must master.
The complete alphabet and number set is taught throughout the programme, with specific literacy and numeracy learning outcomes.
The programme is based on the South African CAPS curriculum.
Grade RGrade R
- Prepare your child for Grade 1.
- Educate your child through play activities.
- Complete selected modules at your own pace.
- Comply with legal requirements.
- Grade R modules are only available to purchase through Snapplify (as ebooks)/ Credobooks (as hardcopies).
- Registration fee: R250
- Live classes & curriculum resources: R500 per month recurring monthly payment
- Credobooks hardcopy from R4830 for the whole set of modules. Visit their website here. (prices subject to change by Credobooks.)
- Download E-Book Estimated Quote on Snapplify in English
- Download E-Book Estimated Quote on Snapplify in Afrikaans
School Readiness TestGrade R
- Evaluating your child’s maturity.
How to access your study material
How to access your study material
- Enrol at www.mybrainline.com.
- We create a Microsoft 365 Student account for each learner, which they can access by visiting https://office.microsoft.com. These accounts will be activated within 24 hours of receiving the Brainline welcome email, sent upon enrolment approval.
The Brainline learner will use his/her unique Microsoft credentials to log in to Snapplify at https://brainline.snapplify.com/overview where they can purchase their digital books.
- Download the list of prescribed and recommend books for the year from: https://brainline.com/booklist/.
- Go to: https://brainline.snapplify.com/overview and log in with Microsoft, using the learner's unique account details that we provide upon enrolment.
- Navigate to the shop and purchase each book in accordance with the list you downloaded in Step 1 that is relevant to your child.
Note: Purchased books are automatically loaded to the Snapplify Reader and must be accessed there.
- Go to https://getsnapplify.com/ and select your device type. Download the application/installer and install it on your device.
- Open the application and log in with your child’s username and password (created in Step 2).
- In the application, you will see the items you have purchased available for download.
- Once you have downloaded the books, you can access the learner's study material.
If you need any assistance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Printed hard copies can be purchased from Credobooks or Protea Bookshop
Please note: Not all study material is available in hard copy format.
|Times to be announced in 2021||Gr R – 3 Yoga adventures||B-Active Gr R – 3||Ballet Gr R – 3||Hip Hop/ Modern Gr R – 3||B-Active Gr R – 3|
Brainline has over 30 years of passionate experience in distance education.
Brainline strives to be an innovative, quality-driven e-learning distance education institution. In 2021, we continue to do what we love — enabling more and more learners to achieve their National Senior Certificate through innovative distance education solutions.
We have many insightful articles regarding distance learning
We see greatness in you
Brainline provides a safe educational space for any learner to discover their greatness and achieve their full potential.
Do you have any unanswered questions?
Let us know by filling in the contact form and one of our team members will get back to you.