Support Category: Independent centre
To inspire personal growth and success through creativity, collaboration and connectedness.
To provide a supportive and engaging environment which promotes ownership of learning and has a focus on personal-development over academic performance.
Qualified Teacher and Experienced Tutors
- Centre is run by a qualified teacher who is familiar with the curriculum and education system.
- Experienced tutors are hand-picked and trained.
- Low ratio of students to tutors so students can receive assistance either individually or in a small group
Individualised Learning Opportunities
- Schedules are tailored made to students and their needs and abilities.
- Different learning styles are recognised and accommodated
- Personal development and ownership of own learning is encouraged
- Focus is placed on progress rather than performance, to lessen anxiety and stress of learners.
Calming And Organised Atmosphere
- Different from the stressful and often overwhelming school atmosphere and different from the casual home environment.
How Do we Help
- Formulate a schedule for each term with the students. We list test and task due dates and create a learning timetable that the student can cope with and ensure that the work is completed timely.
- Assist students with concepts and content, whether through an explanation, online resource or an additional exercise.
- Teach and reinforce organisational and study skills, so students can become independent and self-disciplined learners.
- Cambridge (From 2018)
- Monday – Friday 8:00-13:00
- 4 terms – same holidays as government schools
- Fully equipped centre in which every student will have his/her own space, access to WiFi and a large garden and outside seating for breaks.
- Centre is situated in a well-known boomed-off area. Cameras are positioned in and around the centre. There is also a remote-controlled magnetic door for secure entry and exit.
Other Services at the Centre: (Grades 4-12)
- Facilitated Homework Centre
- One-on-One Lessons (All subjects)
- Study Skills Workshops
Limited Space Available.
Cell: 071 484 0766